12.11.2010

Better the mediocre doctor you know...

Well, I'm back with my old psychiatrist.

Who is... eh, ok.
Before I left him for the "new" doctor, I was having mixed feelings about him. But after having gone to the new doctor, who wanted to start pulling my meds generally and lowering my methylphenidate specifically, I guess it's just better to go with the doctor who agrees that if I'm reasonably stable, why fuck with shit *right now*? Particularly when I'm going through a stressful period.

I mean, i haven't been anything resembling stable all that long. I would say it's been a matter of weeks.
I would want a good solid six months before even considering pulling any meds or lowering dosages or anything like that. And I would want to do that over the summer or a winter break.

So. Yeah.

It's relieving though, to not have someone trying to constantly argue with everything I say.
Anything from when I say "People are unpredictable" to "the concerta helps me function" to "I'm stressed out" to "I'm bipolar".
Contradictions to everything all the time.

It was frustrating.

Doesn't matter because he doesn't take medicare anyway so the point is moot.

But whatever.
Changed back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended Post Slide Out For Blogger