2.27.2011

Futurama

Bender: Dying sucks butt! How do you living beings cope with mortality?
Turanga Leela: Violent outbursts.
Amy Wong: General sluttiness.
Philip J. Fry: Thanks to denial, I'm immortal.


How do we cope?
How do I cope?

I have no idea.
Every once in a while it does honestly occur to me that I'm going to die, nothing I do will survive eternity, there's no getting around that one.

My loved ones will all die. Everything will disintegrate and turn to dust.

What exactly is the point?

I don't know.
Living for living's sake.

But you aren't supposed to do anything for it's own sake. Everything's supposed to have some higher, more important, ultimate meaning.

Why? Why complicate shit?
Why not say
"Today I'm getting out of bed because getting out of bed isn't too bad. And now, well, I'm getting dressed, because, hey, that's ok too"
and if you get some jollies out of it, not too shabby.

If you get to class/work/whatever after that, because it's what you do, then so be it. You might end up with some benefit from it. You might gain knowledge/money/experience.

Not always, though and sometimes it just feels ok to put one foot in front of the other.
I keep forgetting that.

I'm so tangled up in what I'm supposed to do for whom and when and how.
Life is such a knot right now.

I'm forgetting to breath, apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommended Post Slide Out For Blogger